It’s springtime in Maryland. The days are getting longer, the weather is getting warmer and the flowers and trees are blooming . With the blossoming of plants comes along an increase of pollen, which for some of us it leads to a runny nose, runny and itchy eyes, and sneezing., which can really put a damper on things for us Real-Life Superwomen. Who wants to be sneezing when we’ve got a presentation to give or have a runny nose when you are on a date or trying to connect with your beloved.
In this video I share the below tips that have helped lessen my symptoms during the pollen season so I can be healthy, happy and energized.
- Change what you are eating. That’s right REMOVE foods that are causing increase inflammation and mucus build up like dairy and sugar. ( I didn’t mention this in the video, but doing a spring cleanse or detox will also help lessen inflammation, remove toxins from your system and help alleviate symptoms caused by pollen)
- Add foods rich in vitamin c like lemon, red, yellow and orange peppers as well as broccoli.
- The benefits of freeze dried stinging nettle
- Why using raw local honey and/or bee pollen can be of support
- How effectively use the Neti pot
- My top 3 essential oils to support you during pollen season
Lemon essential oil – has anti-histamine properties and helps relieve excess mucus.
Frankincense essential oil – my favorite essential oils helps to reduce the inflammatory response of allergens in the body.
Lemongrass essential –Inhaling this clean, refreshing aroma can help reduce inflammatory complications in the respiratory tract.
Here is the science for some of the things mentioned in the video
A randomized, double-blind study using 300 mg freeze-dried Urtica dioica in the treatment of allergic rhinitis found 69 patients who completed the study rated it higher than placebo in global assessments: 58 percent rated it effective in relieving their symptoms and 48 percent found it to be equally or more effective than their previous medicine. Click here to read more
A study featured in the Alternative Medicine Review Journal, states that vitamin C supplementation of 2 grams daily reduced the blood histamine levels by 38%.
The Journal International Scholarly Research Notices reported that a nasal preparation based on lemon essential oil helped to alleviate the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
Research indicates frankincense contains a compound called alpha-pinene which reduces allergic symptoms
The International Journal of Molecular Medicine discovered that compounds in lemongrass essential oil had an anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory effect. Inhaling lemongrass oil can help reduce an overactive immune response in the body.
I would love to hear what natural remedies you use to support your respiratory, sinus and/or immune system during the pollen season.
If you found this information beneficial please
Make a comment below on what you found helpful
Share the video with your peeps on social media
Use the hastag #zestandharmony on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook