Are you aware of the incredible benefits of mushrooms? Take a look at a few:
- Rich in iron and vitamin C
- Has a compound called lentinan, which boosts your immune system and protects your body against tumors. antiviral
- Has adaptogentic properties
I’ve included a delicious Onion Garlic Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms recipe for you! Enjoy!
1 large onion, chopped
4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup chopped scallions
juice from 1/2 lemon
6 cups water or vegetable low sodium broth
1/2 tsp dried thyme
Dash of sea salt and cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan or small soup pot. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until golden.
- Add the garlic and shitake mushrooms, continue to sauté until the garlic is brown lightly. Add water or broth.
- Add spinach, cover and simmer gently over low heat for about 15 minutes. When done add lemon, sea salt and cayenne pepper. Top with scallions and thyme.