You must try this delicious, easy-to-make meal. With lots of veggies to fuel you, your body (and your taste buds) will thank you!
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper (about 1)
- 1 large eggplant peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium sized tomatoes diced
- dried or fresh Italian Seasoning to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Kalamata olives
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 TBS of purslane (optional)
In a bowl place eggplant, sea salt and 2 TBS of coconut. Massage coconut oil and salt into eggplant. Heat oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add eggplant and tomatoes sauté for 3 minutes. Add the seasoning; and about ¼ -1/2 cup of water. stir to combine. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Add peppers 2-5 minutes before done cooking.
Place spinach on plates top with eggplant, kalamata olives and purslane.