This tasty treat doesn’t have added sugar or dairy like ice cream which makes this a healthier alternative. Mango and lime also have a number of health benefits.
- Rich in antioxidants, vitamin C , and vitamin A, all which help strengthen to immune system and prevent certain diseases
- Have moderate amounts of B6 ,cooper, magnesium and potassium
- Fibrous nature helps in digestion and elimination.
- Have aphrodisiac qualities and is also called the ‘love fruit’. Mangoes increase the virility in men. Vitamin E, which is abundantly present in mangoes, helps to regulate sex hormones and boosts sex drive”. Mae Chen (17 Reasons Why you Need a Mango Every Day)
Also Traditional Chinese medicine considers mango to be sweet and sour with a cooling energy. Making it a great summer time food.
Limes are also rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, which help boost the immune system. Limes aid in digestion and are alkaline in nature helping the body to prevent diseases.
Try this delicious, cooling dessert but remember to eat in moderation due to the high fructose content of the mango.
- 4 cups frozen mango chunks
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2-4 mint leaves
Thaw mango chunks 15 minutes. Place in blender or food processor, and purée with lime juice. Transfer to shallow glass or metal bowl, and place in freezer. Freeze 30 minutes. Stir purée and serve. Add mint leaves on the side of each scoop